Monday 11 September 2017

The "non-game"

Due to a set of circumstances on Sunday,only Graham and I were available to play the planned Crusader game,but,as it was so big,we decided to delay the game until next Sunday when,hopefully,everyone will be available!!
However,the fact of not playing on Sunday gave me the chance to sort out my latest batch of figures from Warrior Miniatures......................

Don't you just love it when a box of figures "plops" through your letter box -this particular box consists of 100 Norman infantry,which are going to be painted as Knights Templar,Teutonics and Hospitallers infantry,to supplement my existing cavalry.Plus,in the box,were 50 Saracen cavalry,which I hope to build up into a large army to fight the Crusaders!
The figures arrived on Saturday afternoon,and I immediately made a start on a unit of Saracen heavy cavalry....................

Monday morning-the first unit is finished and ready to be based.

Detail of the face-veil which I think is very striking!
Roll on next Sunday!!





















6 comments:

  1. You don't hang about do you? Those saracens look suitably dastardly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Springinsfeld,good to hear from you,I was brought up to believe that there's only two kinds of people in the world-"Them that do,and them that talk about doing" -retirement and time also has alot to do with my painting speed!!
      johnc

      Delete
    2. Oh, are you retired? :)
      cheers
      Mike (remembered to sign off with my real name!)

      Delete
    3. Hi MIke,the only problem with being retired is you never get a day off!!!
      Second unit of Saracens finished,and first unit of Foot Knights on their way!
      johnc.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Robbie,like you I can't wait to get my new units onto the board,hopefully it won't be long before I can finish the whole lot and order some more.
      johnc

      Delete